Upcoming Church Events:
- February 23, 2018 - Black History Month Panel and Discussion, 7:00pm
- March 4, 2018 - Women's Ministry lunch immediately following Sundaymorning worship. This lunch is for women who have signed up to mentor or to be mentored, as well as a time to connect mentors and mentees. Questions? Contact Amy Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 16-18, 2018 - Women's Retreat, for more information or to register, please contact email@example.com. This is the last Sunday to register!
- March 23-24, 2018 - New Members Class. If interested, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- April 1, 2018 - Easter Sunrise Service at East Lake Park, 8:00am.
Black History Month - Panel and Discussion
Join us at 7:00pm on Friday evening for a conversation and discussion with members and leaders of our church! Moderated by Pastor Jim Pickett, the panel discussion will focus on ways that our church invites and accepts minority members of East Lake to participate in the life of our church body, specifically considering where we have possibly created hidden or invisible barriers for these members of our community to participate.
Panel members include Bryan Holland, Rowena Williams, Michele Pickett, and Carl Cadwell. Coffee, tea, and light snacks are provided.
Lenten Friday Fasts
Recently, Katelyn Newsome approached Pastor Pickett with something God has laid on her heart - that our church is in an important season and needs to be fasting and praying together during Lent. Since then, Pastor Pickett and Katelyn have been working on a Friday Fast Program for every Friday during the season of Lent. TheseFriday Fasts will conclude with a time of corporate prayer at the church from 6:00pm - 7:00pm.
Each upcoming Thursday (including today) we will be posting that week's FridayFast guide to our website at www.newcityeastlake.com/lenten-friday-fast. Each post will contain the guide for that Friday, including scripture passages, the specific focus of that fast, and other important information. We will also be handing out paper copies this coming Sunday on the information table in the Gallery.
Please join us in this season of fasting and prayer for our church and the spreading of God's Kingdom in East Lake!
Gatherings will be happening this Sunday, February 25, from 10:00am - 10:50am! We will have three different gathering options for adults, one for high schoolers, and nursery and childcare for kids through elementary school.
- Women's Ministry Team - a gathering for women focused on learning to study the word more thoroughly. Located in room 206.
- Latino Ministry (in Spanish with translation) - Join Eunice, Katy, and Raquel as they teach how to understand the Bible in context, with an emphasis on increasing biblical literacy. Located in the Conference Room and beginning at 9:30am.
- Question and Answer - Come ready to discuss any questions related to past sermons, theology, ministry in East Lake, or any other thoughts. Located in the Fellowship Hall.
- Youth Gathering - join our youth leadership team as they work to build fellowship and spiritual discipleship with high schoolers. Located in room 106.