Upcoming Church Events:
- April 13-14, 2018 - the dates for the New Members Class have changed! Childcare will be provided for the duration of the class.If you are interested in signing up or learning more about membership at Eastlake, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- April 21, 2018 - Tennessee Valley Presbytery Meeting hosted by New CityEast Lake. If you are interested in learning more about our denomination's presence in the greater Chattanooga area, you are welcome to attend!
- April 25, 2018 - All church congregational meeting at 6:00 pm. Items to be discussed are 1) election of new elder and deacon candidates; 2) search committee update; 3) staff and personnel update; and 4) proposal to amend the church bylaws. Proposed amendment(s) will be sent out at a later date.
- April 28, 2018 - Church Work Day! 9:00am - 3:00pm, lunch is provided for all who participate.
Children's Ministry News
Nursery workers for Sunday's services are listed below:
- 8:30 am – Betty Harrison, Annie Terney, Jose Ocando, Laurie Gienapp
11:00 am – Betty Harrison, Lizzy Ross, Anne-Claire Vos, Charity Martin, Leyda Juarez, Nick Gienapp
If you are interested in participating in the Children's Ministry program on a rotating basis, please email our Children's Ministry Director, Laurie Gienapp, at email@example.com. We would love your help!
Youth Group at NCEL
New City East Lake holds a youth group every Sunday evening from 6:00 - 7:30pm at the church, including games, snacks, worship, and a gospel message. All 6th-12th graders are welcome to attend!
There will be t-shirts available for sale this coming Sunday at 10:00 am in the foyer! Toddler sizes are available on a first come, first serve basis, and adult and children's sizes are still available for the price of $10 for adult sizes and $8 for child sizes.
ELLA Chattanooga is hosting their annual Book Fiesta on Saturday, April 14, 2018, from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm at the East Lake Park! Here's an update from ELLA Chattanooga:
It's that time! We are now officially in Book Fiesta prep time. It's only a little over a week until our favorite day of the year, Book Fiesta! on Saturday, April 14th, from 1-4 at East Lake Park.
If you've never been to Book Fiesta before, it looks a lot like this, and is a family-friendly day all about play and learning and reading and exploring together & celebrating all the cultures present in our neighborhood!
We've got some big and really fun plans for this year-- including a visit from Rafael Lopez, the illustrator of the book that inspired it all! AND visits from artists from all over the city! And also... well... let's just say there's going to be a LOT of yarn.
We're looking for volunteers, but we also deeply value rest & play.
So if you'd like to volunteer with us, would you fill this form out for us?
(And pass it along to a friend?)
The rules are that if grown-ups come, they may play or read. We love making other opportunities to give out papers and stuff like that, but this particular day is all about play & building relationships. No papers please, just play.
And if you (and/or your family, your grandkids, or your little brother) just need some down time, then will you just come join us as a participant?
We know how hard you work & we think you are pretty great, so you figure out what you need, and we would love to see you and have y'all join us at this year's East LakeBook Fiesta.
Are you on Facebook? Follow us here to keep up with news, see sweet pics and videos! Siguenos en facebook! ;) *Here's the event page on Facebook
Say yes? Plan to attend!
Creative Director, ELLAChattanooga
Art Lab Teacher, East Lake Elementary
Chattanooga Sports Ministries
CSM is gearing up for their ten week summer program starting the last week of May! They are currently looking for 5 male head coaches, 25-30 hours a week, compensation included. Housing in or near Highland Park for one of our male coaches is needed. Please let us know if you are interested in coaching or helping host! Call or email Katelyn Newsome for more information, 423-280-1107, firstname.lastname@example.org