Ash Wednesday begins the forty day season leading up to Easter and is traditionally a time of going before God in prayer and asking him to show us the sin that we need to repent of -- both the sin we are aware of and those we are blind to.
It is also a time to consider fasting as we pray. Fasting is up to the individual to do as little as a meal or as much as a day--it is your choice. Some of the things we encourage you to fast and pray for are:
· The leadership of our nation
· The leadership of our city of Chattanooga
· The families and youth living in our community of East Lake
· The fellowship of our church at East Lake growing in the love of Christ and his vision for making disciples of all nations.
· The ministry of our church in East Lake to the community -- and that we can see more of the community coming into our church.