Upcoming Church Events:
- March 11, 2018 - Daylight Saving Time, don't forget to set your clocks forward one hour on Saturday evening!
- March 16-18, 2018 - Women's Retreat, for further information or questions about the weekend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 23-24, 2018 - New Members Class. If interested, please contact the church office at email@example.com! Childcare is provided for the duration of the class.
- April 1, 2018 - the 8:30 am service will be replaced by an Easter Sunrise Service at East Lake Park, 8:00 am, followed by a Potluck Breakfast at 9:30 am in the Fellowship Hall. Afterward, we will join together for our regularly scheduled 11:00 am worship service. For the breakfast, please bring food according to the first letter of your last name: A-G = sweet; H-N = Savory; O-Z = fruit. Bring enough to serve your family plus 6-8 other people.
In addition, Chris Blackman will be joining us as our guest preacher this upcoming Sunday, March 11. He will continue our Lenten series on the fellowship of the body of Christ through the church.
New Church Email Addresses!
As of this past week, our church office and all New City East Lake staff have new email addresses.
Church Office - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Pickett - email@example.com
Yvonne Terney - firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Schindler - email@example.com
Eunice Mendoza - firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Smallman - email@example.com
Laurie Gienapp - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kara Cadwell - email@example.com
Moving to these new email addresses / a new email system will help our church office share a church calendar publicly with greater ease, both on our website and in other venues. We will begin using our new church office email to send out the weekly newsletter next Thursday, March 15. Please be sure to add these email addresses to your contacts, and to use them as we make this transition!
Children's Ministry Volunteers
Who is serving this coming Sunday? Thank you to all who help show God’s love for us to these little hearts every week!
- 8:30am service and gathering hour - Betty Harrison, Tom Horne, Micah Hall
- 11:00am service - Betty Harrison, Amanda Paris, Sarah Ward, Jared Menard, Andrew Davick, Lizzy Ross
If you are interested in participating in the Children's Ministry program, please email our Children's Ministry Director, Laurie Gienapp, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Group at NCEL
New City East Lake holds a youth group every Sunday evening from 6:00 - 7:30 pm at the church, including games, snacks, worship, and a gospel message. All 6th-12th graders are welcome to attend!
Lenten Friday Fasts
Our Lenten Friday Fast program is continuing this week with a focus on our Local Harvest (part 1). Tomorrow's fast will conclude with a time of corporate prayer at thechurch from 6:00pm - 7:00pm. Additionally, this week's Friday Fast has been posted to our website at www.newcityeastlake.com/lenten-friday-fast.
Please join us in this season of fasting and prayer for our church and the spreading of God's Kingdom in East Lake!
It's choir time! Please join us as we sing "Hosanna" by Kirk Franklin on EasterSunday. No previous experience or long rehearsal commitments necessary. We will be meeting during the gathering time (10am) March 18 and March 25 for practice. If you have any desire to sing with us, please do. It is always a fun and worshipful experience. Not to mention this is one of the best songs ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syMrLWeq-Hc
For more information, contact our Worship Director, Paul Smallman, email@example.com
ELLA Chattanooga is hosting their annual Book Fiesta on Saturday, April 14, 2018, from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm at the East Lake Park! Below is an excerpt explaining the origin and purpose for this event.
"Book Fiesta is a literacy event celebrating Children’s Day/World Book Day and is based on the picture book, ‘Book Fiesta’ written by Pat Mora and illustrated by Rafael Lopez. In this book, children celebrate Children’s day by reading stories with their friends and families in a series of magical settings painted by Lopez. We want kids to experience this book in tactile ways, so we are creating larger than life decorations based on the book’s illustrations, having read-alouds with some of our favorite picture books, and facilitating fun activities based on our book selection. These activities are designed to engage whole families across various cultural backgrounds, and our hope is to see families all joining in to play and read together, getting to know their neighbors, and creating habits of play that bring their families together and help our little ones learn and grow. There will be reading and gardening, painting and soccer, bubbles and chalk all afternoon long. Come play with us!! "