On a separate, typed sheet, please respond to the questions below and submit it along with your resume and cover letter. Feel free to copy the questions from this Google Doc (tip: click "make a copy" to start a new google doc you can write your responses in).
Please keep in mind the committee is looking to get to know you, your heart and your communication style. In other words, please do not submit a treatise in response to any one question.
- In 3-5 sentences, how would you outline your philosophy of ministry?
- What interests you in pastoring a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic church in Chattanooga, TN
- What are some ways that you take care of yourself spiritually and what are some of your struggles in this area?
- What is your life experience in working or living with people of diversity?
- How do you balance personal life and ministry?
- What do you consider your passion in ministry?
- How do you view discipleship in the life of a church?
- How do you balance ministry to those in the church with reaching out to the unchurched?
- Assuming the congregation is made up of a diverse group of people, (racially, economically, educationally), how do you address cultural differences and choose sermon content that can meet everyone’s needs?
- What is your view of women in the church and where do you see their gifts utilized in ministry?
How to Apply
Make sure you're application includes all the required materials.