Updated: May 2018
The Director of Children’s Ministry (DCM) is responsible for the planning, implementation, and shepherding of all children at New City East Lake, including curriculum oversight, soliciting, directing, and caring for volunteers, and managing all communication for the Children’s Ministry to the congregation. The DCM must pursue curriculum, volunteers, and families that engage the vision of NCEL.
- Curriculum → work in partnership with the elders, and a curriculum committee of lay members, to research and select God-honoring and Christ-centered curriculum for children. Train and equip teachers to engagingly teach this curriculum, supplying them with all materials necessary for use. The Director of Children’s Ministry must plan curriculum and educate volunteers for different seasons, age groups, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Volunteer Management → recruit and guide potential volunteers through the application and background check process. Conduct initial training for all new volunteers and ensure they are adequately equipped to teach or assist. Schedule volunteers for Nursery, Sunday School, Children’s Church, and other necessary roles for Sunday morning.
- Facility Stewardship → ensure that the Children’s Wing of the church is prepared for Sunday morning use, including toys, snacks, and other necessary resources. Restock supplies on a regular basis.
- Communication → be able to reach out to parents of participating children, members of the church, staff members, elders, and deacons as needed. Relay all necessary information to the congregation regarding dates, scheduling, and special events.
- Must display a heart for the development and upbringing of children in the knowledge and wisdom of the Lord, and a passion for instilling in children a love for the gospel.
- Possess a mind for planning and juggling several tasks at once, with special attention to scheduling activities and rolling with the punches.
- A strong leader and communicator that can train the congregation about the importance of teaching the gospel to the children of NCEL, and that will equip and encourage congregants to participate in the ministry.
This is a part-time, salaried position at or around 20 hours per week, with at least half of those hours to be fulfilled on Tuesdays and Sunday mornings.