The Youth Leader at New City East Lake is primarily responsible for implementing the weekly youth program, including Sunday morning teaching, Sunday evening worship and fellowship time, one on one discipleship, and managing youth volunteers.
- Sunday Evening Preparation:
- Teaching - prepare weekly 10-15 minute scriptural lessons for Sunday evening worship and fellowship time and teach at least two times a month. Coordinate with volunteer teachers for the other Sundays and delegate tasks.
- Games - prepare weekly games that encourage fun and fellowship
- Food - gather snacks and drinks
- Worship - coordinate with other youth volunteers on worship leading and preparation of song sheets
- Youth Sunday School - coordinate with other youth volunteers to plan and implement Youth Sunday School on a weekly basis in coordination with the Gatherings schedule.
- Discipleship - disciple youth in the church and in the East Lake neighborhood on a regular basis, encouraging spiritual growth and vulnerability, biblical literacy, and a life committed to Jesus, prayer and the local church.
- Passion and heart for middle school and high school aged children, specifically the Covenant children of East Lake, and the children of East Lake neighborhood.
- Spiritually mature and the capability to teach others about and live out the means of grace.
- Strong commitment to the development and work of the local church
- Ability to delegate tasks as well as identify and serve the needs of the youth, volunteers, and youth ministry.
- This is a part-time position (exempt) at 15 hour per weeks and will be compensated between $12.00/hour - $15.00/hour based on experience.
- Hours during the week are flexible, but Sunday morning and evenings are a requirement.
- Strong encouragement to attend weekly church staff meetings (Tuesdays, 9:00am - 10:30am).