We at New City East Lake are committed to bring Christ to Latino families in our community because we believe that the words of the prophet Isaiah apply to us -
“the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor, He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion – to bestow to them a crown of beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for morning, and a garment of praise instead of the spirit of despair. They will be called mighty oaks, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.” Isaiah 61:1-3
- We seek to minister to people of all ethnicities, social classes, and cultures for His glory, with love and respect, and through the cooperative prayers and effort of our local church.
- We strive to meet their needs to learn English by reaching out to them with the Gospel through English as a Second Language (ESL).
- We strive to see immigrants develop into their full potential in Christ as they become successful people and citizens.
- We long to see our neighborhood and city deeply transformed as a result of people being saved, lives being changed, disciples being made, and needs being met in the name of Jesus Christ.
Our mission is to teach and show the love of Christ by providing free English classes which impact the academic, emotional, social, physical, and spiritual lives of all participants – students and teachers. Our goal is to become a strong ESL program that has an impact on the community with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Women's and Men's Bible Studies - Thursdays, from 6:00 - 7:30 pm.
- Community Group - Every other Wednesday, from 5:30 - 8:00 pm (Dinner provided).
- Bilingual Gathering (Spanish/English) - Sundays, from 10:00 - 10:50 am.
- ESL (English as a Second Language) - Sundays, from 3:45 - 5:30 pm.
- Translation - All church activities, including Sunday morning worship, Gathering classes, Bible Studies, and other events.