Our goal is to follow God's call for women in the church to speak life to one another and to point each other to our Savior.
We aim to support New City East Lake's vision to be a cross-cultural body that is firmly rooted in the Gospel, which is the good news that Jesus became our righteousness through his life-giving sacrifice, and that we obtain God's eternal favor when we confess our helplessness and believe his promises for us. When we are most satisfied in Christ's abundant provisions, we find satisfaction and joy in living out his calling for us. This is the overarching message we as women hope to encourage each other with.
New City East Lake's women's ministry facilitates several ongoing opportunities to flesh out the Gospel together, such as:
- An annual weekend women's retreat, where we gather to hear the Word taught, worship, and fellowship in a relaxing camp setting -
- Fellowship events throughout the year, such as pool parties, hikes, and holiday gatherings -
- Women's Bible study and prayer groups -
- A prayer and fellowship group the 1st and 3rd Monday evenings at 6:30 pm;
- A bilingual Bible study group Thursdays at 10 am with childcare;
- A Bible study group Fridays at 10 am with childcare.
Whether it's through these structured events or by more organic means, we hope to see every woman take initiative to discover and flourish in her unique and life-giving role God has given her in the church. The women's ministry team hopes to encourage this process in all our women and desires prayer and feedback to continue to grow in this direction.